Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Management and Communication Intern (Female Applicants Only) at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned ‘Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit’ (GIZ) GmbH supports the German government in achieving its development policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors. The Ethiopian government recognizes the high economic value of the lowland areas and their products. Therefore, the pastoral and agro-pastoral population is supported in strengthening their drought resilience, allowing them to adapt their farming system to a changing natural and economic environment. German development cooperation participates with the programme “Strengthening Drought Resilience of the Pastoral and Agro-Pastoral Population in the Lowlands of Ethiopia” (SDR-ASAL) in selected areas in Afar and Somali region. The programme comprises of seven projects. Major activities are participatory land use planning with all stakeholders in selected kebeles, water harvesting, and rehabilitation of degraded dry valleys followed by participatory rangeland management as well as training for pastoralists, administration and service providers.
Job Title :Management and Communication Intern
Job category :Fresh Graduates jobs in Ethiopia
Experience level :Junior
Place of work :Addis Ababa
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Sound commercial skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Good local dialect spoken, Speak fluently in both English & Amharic.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- ject and time management skills
- Strong analytical skill
- The candidate is preferred to be recently graduated (no longer that two years)
- Ability in desk research, information gathering and prepare background analysis and present concisely
- Fluency in English, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge in digital technologies, Microsoft applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point) and knowledge of office 365 and virtual meeting technologies is advantages
- Ability to work remotely
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum qualification requirements are University degree in Information Management/systems, Business Administration, Marketing, International relation, international language, communication or other related field from accredited academic institution