|Job title:||Finance Assistant|
|Location:||Oromia, East Hararghe- Meta|
|Reports to:||Field Admin. & Finance Supervisor|
|Number of Posts||1|
|Closing date:||Aug. 16, 2020|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for payments and assisting the Finance Officer. Ensuring accuracy and timing of payments that are fully supported by appropriate documentation, authorization and coding. Assist in the preparation of monthly BMT and SAGE cashbook and quarter government report.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/DUTIES
- Make payment, including preparing payment vouchers.
- Handle main float and Fuel float, monitoring the cash book and ensure that there is the necessary documentation and authorization supporting all transaction;
- Maintain sage cashbooks, account record and ensure coding is correct for all transactions;
- Summarize and post monthly payment voucher and ensure that payment are allocated to the correct Programme and budget line;
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is collected, checked and attached to payment voucher for submission to regional office;
- Collect cash transfer made by head office and deal with any other business with the bank;
- Perform cash count as necessary and ensure that physical cash corresponds to the cash book on daily basis;
- Support Finance Officer in maintaining sage chart of accounts, monthly financial plan and report;
- Prepare monthly expenditure report;
- Prepare income tax summery and settled timely to the appropriate government authority every month.
- Perform posting of all receipts and payments to sage cash books ensuring coding is accurate;
- Control and record Programme fixed asset and report to the Finance Officer on quarterly basis;
- Reviewing field office cash books and make ready for consolidation.
- Support the preparation of quarterly government and financial report for submission to Head Office;
- Be available to travel to Addis when required by Head Office Finance;
- Control Programme fixed assets (giving the relevant details) and report to Head Office on a quarterly basis.
- Keep staff files related to financial activities updated and confidential;
- Ensure that GOAL financial policy is adhered to at all times;
- Implement any financial activity instructed from Head Office Finance;
- Familiarize self to the organizations Gender and Child Protection issues and apply as per area of responsibility.
- Any other duties assigned by the Field Admin & Finance Supervisor Finance Officer/Programme Manager.
- Diploma in Accounting or related field with 1 – 2 years’ experience in Finance.
- High level of accuracy, attention to details
- Very good knowledge and application of MS-Office, specially Excel.
- English communication skill (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of USAID/OFDA, ECHO, EHAF, Irish Aid, etc. fund management.
Desirable quality, skill and competence
- NGO experience
- Very good application of BMT to GMT and excel spread sheet
- Good command of English language
- Able to speak local language (Oromiffa)
- Knowledge and application of advanced excel.
- Knowledge and application of other accounting software package, Sage, Peachtree, SUN, etc.
- Familiarity of the local area
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
Salary Birr 7,878.92 per month
Transportation Allowance – 10% of monthly salary
Hardship Allowance – 30% of your monthly salary
Pension – as per the government pension scheme (11% from the employer and 7% from the employee).
Finance Assistant at GOAL Ethiopia Job Vacancy in Ethiopia