Save the Children
Advocacy and Communications Consultant – Addis Ababa Advocacy Office at Save the Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Title : Advocacy and Communications Consultant
Job category :ngo jobs in Ethiopia
Experience level : Senior Level
Place of work :Addis Ababa
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Sound commercial skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Good local dialect spoken, Speak fluently in both English & Amharic.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- ject and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of leading advocacy and communications activities in a challenging environment and a good knowledge of child rights issues in the Central Africa region.
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Experience of successfully operating in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience of working with networks of influence, and an ability to manage diverse professional relationships, thereby securing significant new opportunities for the organization
- Proven project management experience.
- The ability to digest complex information, quickly, and express this crisply and clearly
- Highly organized and able to solve problems quickly
- Excellent relationship building skills within and outside of the Coalition
- Experience of delivering training, presentations and other capacity building activities to varied audiences, ideally within a country programme.
- Excellent IT skills with understanding of effective visual communications for diverse audiences
- Excellent understanding of advocacy, communications, media and campaigning activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in a relevant subject. A Master’s degree or equivalent in human rights, law, international relations, economics, politics or a related policy field is desirable.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in a credible organisation