This scholarship offer is obtained from United States of America, Ethiopian embassy website. The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides 10 months of professional enrichment and non-degree graduate-level study in the United States for accomplished mid-level professionals from designated countries.
Fellows are nominated by U.S. Embassies or Fulbright Commissions based on their potential for leadership and a demonstrated commitment to public service. The fellows are placed in groups by professional field at selected U.S. universities offering specially designed programs of study and training.
The deadline for applicants varies by country. For more information, please visit the Institute of International Education (IIE) Humphrey Fellowship Program website.
Criterias, which must have to be met by applicants:
- an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- a minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- limited or no prior experience in the United States
- demonstrated leadership qualities
- a record of public service in the community
- English language ability
- Prospective applicants should contact the U.S. Embassy or Fulbright Commission in their home country for complete application details. A listing of eligible countriesand the contact details of the relevant U.S. Embassy or Fulbright Commission offices can be found on the Institute of International Education’s Humphrey Program U.S. Embassies and Fulbright Commissions conduct an initial review process and nominate candidates for further consideration by Washington, D.C. based selection panels.
- Final selections are approved by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. Awards are announced in the spring for fellowships beginning in the fall.
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
Department of Scholar and Professional Programs
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
1400 K Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005
Phone: (202) 686-8664
Fax: (202) 326-7841
Email: [email protected]
- Ethiopian application address
Public Affairs Section
Entoto Street, P.O. Box 1014
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel: 251-11-517-40-07/ Fax: 251-11-124-24-54
E-mail: [email protected]