International Medical Corps (IMC)
WASH Coordinator at International Medical Corps (IMC) Job Vacancy in Ethiopia
This position is a senior management position in IMC Ethiopia. The position holder will oversee the IMC’s one of Emergency WASH Response Projects in Oromia region and represent IMC Ethiopia at the Zonal level. The responsibilities include: Administration of personnel & finance, logistics and overseeing the WASH programme implementations in the area.
The Field Office WASH Project Coordinator works under the direction of the Field Programs Operation Coordinator, and shares responsibility for overseeing the proper program management, technical and financial monitoring and successful implementation of IMC projects in the designated Zone and Woredas.
He/She will work directly with Sector Project Coordinators on a day-to-day basis to support and facilitate IMC’s humanitarian intervention. This position requires extensive experience and a proven track-record of coordinating and managing emergency response and recovery programs and as well possessing excellent relationship, representation, communications, planning, monitoring and teamwork skills.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Program Implementation
§ Ensure implementation of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene program, including hygiene education, and sanitation infrastructure construction and training of community and volunteers WASHCO. This includes providing direction, developing work plans in collaboration with staff, monitoring implementation and impact, supervising staff, and managing the program budget in coordination with the WASH technical Advisors/Coordinators
· Clearly aware of program’s implementation activities and expedite the same along with sector Project Coordinators and Review/Assist in development of action plans and compare actual implementation of the planned WASH activities
· Works closely with Region, Zone/Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the project by organizing regular field visits and joint monitoring with project steering committee
§ Regular/scheduled field visit at project sites at woreda level and submit summary report for Addis program team
§ Monitor that the woreda partners are highly participated in project activities like water quality testing, scheme dis infection, project monitoring, review in all the intervention woredas
§ Conduct program/project review by quarter and summarize the progress and the way forward for future implementation
§ Conduct regular field staff capacity gap assessment and organize capacity building trainings, orientation, or workshop to fill the staff skill gaps
§ Facilitate and support M & E team to conduct KPC and PDM surveys whenever the project indictors need verification through KPC/PDM
§ Carry out financial analysis on monthly bases, project financial needs and check the expenses on the pipeline and share for Addis program team and finance
· Together with IMC technical project coordinators and Addis based technical managers, ensure that projects are implemented as planned and within budget, and in accordance with IMC and global humanitarian policies and guidelines, including Codes of Conduct, SPHERE and HAP principles and standards on accountability to the affected populations
· Ensure timely completion of all logistics, financial and administrative matters in the field
· Ensure the WASH program activities are implemented with-in the project period
· Ensure all the constructed hard ware activities are properly handover to the concerned government bodies with full of recording data like GPS location, beneficiary, yields of the water schemes, history of the water schemes in well documented manner at the right time before project phase out
· Advise technical coordinators/officers on program quality, implementation and appropriateness of expenditures. Undertake a regular review of pipelines.
· Oversee the proper spending of grants in line with donor regulations
· Approve purchase requests, purchase orders and expenditures within the set IMC authorization limits
· Ensure successful delivery of services and along with the Addis M and E officer, establish complaint feedback mechanism
· Conduct detail WASH assessment based on IMC’s assessment tools in accordance to share for the sector partners, donors and proposal development purposes
§ Develop WASH concept notes and proposals for the region based on the needs and WASH assessments and share for Addis WASH and program team. And also Support the SMT and program team in developing the program and other strategies.
§ Prepare Donor report, government quarter report, monthly and weekly report, contextual assessment report, PDM and KAP analysis report, terminal report and share to program and line managers.
Policy Compliance and Team Management
· Ensure field staff are aware of all policies and procedures
· Apply policies and procedures in a consistent manner
- Oversees the administration and the logistics of the field site to ensure that all resources are appropriately utilized according IMC Ethiopia’s Policy
· Advise staff regarding field staff failing to comply with policies and procedures
· Play a leadership role and foster a positive working environment
· Ensure mutual support within the team and contribute to teambuilding
· Directly manage WASH Construction Advisor/coordinator, Finance, HR/Admin and Logistics officers
- Ensure the field operation is carried out to the highest standard possible
- Ensure that a great working environment is created among IMC staff in the Zone
- Ensure that all staff related records are well recorded and necessary information are kept for reference purposes at all time.
- Ensure that monthly staff meetings are carried out and send minutes to the CD or DCD on time
- Security: The WASH Project Coordinator has the overall responsibility to ensure that a Security Plan for the area is updated regularly and that IMC staff in the area adheres to security rules and regulations.
Reporting and Communication
· Compile monthly field office reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure all monthly reports are collected on time from sector coordinators and are compiled and sent to IMC Addis on time
· Communicate with the Sector Technical Managers at Addis level to ensure communication between the Zone and the Addis is flowing smoothlyy
· Coordinate preparation of quarterly, final and other donor reports as needed.
· Coordinate with other departments within the IMC Ethiopia country program (Communications, Finance, HR, Admin, Security) concerning the designated field site programs/projects
- Report to the Deputy Country Director in a timely and thorough way on all health problem, security developments or criminal incidents to IMC staff or property.
- Assure that proper channels of communication are maintained and respected. Regularly consult with the DCD and CD on all matters of significance to the program, staff and regional affairs.
- Produce monthly management reports on programs, administrative, finance and logistics matters to the DCD
· Maintain a regular communication with supervisor and Addis based program staff
Representation and Networking
- Ensure that IMC Ethiopia is well represented in NGO, government and other meetings. The position holder will also delegate the appropriate program people to specific meetings such as nutrition, health and logistics accordingly.
- Maintain a good partnership and ensure that all NGOs, local Government Officials and other UN agencies in the area have a good understanding of IMC Ethiopia’s intervention in the field and beyond.
· Regular meetings and communication with field staff of partner agencies, particularly Zonal level government partners on matters related to regular monitoring and evaluation or related issues.
· Facilitate successful donor visits and internal monitoring visits and assessments
· Participate in working groups, seminars, meetings, etc with relevance for IMC programs/projects.
§ BA in Public Health, Engineering, Management or Public Administration, public Health or equivalent Degree in related field.
§ At minimum of five years and above of work experience in managing WASH projects preferable in NGO
§ Professional skills should demonstrate superior written and oral communications exceptional leadership qualities and strong relationship building abilities
§ Fluent in written and spoken English, with excellent ability to write reports in English.
§ Knowledge of local language is mandatory
WASH Coordinator at International Medical Corps (IMC) Job Vacancy in Ethiopia