Safety and Security Coordinator Ethiopia Red Cross Society (ECRCS) at Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) Job Vacancy in Ethiopia
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.Key and Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the development and approval of required policies, strategies, guidelines in line with the mandate of ERCS and Movement partners that will enable the safety and security of volunteers, staff and Movement partners.
- Lead the preparation and familiarization of ERCS safety and security plans.
- Solicit funding to implement safety and security plan of ERCS.
- Capacity building of volunteers, staffs and partners in the area of safety and security.
- Ensure the required human, material and financial resources are in place to ensure the safety of volunteers, staffs and partners.
- Conduct a regular risk analysis of the country and share regular update to the relevant people.
- Prepare and update the safety and security briefing pack of ERCS and provide security briefings to visitors coming from abroad.
- Provide guidance advices to staffs and volunteers before, during and after field visits.
- Make informed decisions when, where, how and whom to go to the field in some conflict and pandemic context.
- Conduct regular monitoring of staffs and volunteers to ensure they are complying to the safety and security guideline and advices provided.
- Prepare tools and methodologies that will ensure the safety and security of staffs.
- A first focal person for safety and security incidences of volunteers, staffs, and partners and ensure they got timely and proper advice and assistance in consultation with the respective people.
- Supports ERCS staff as well as Movement partners in the event of a staff member being involved in a security incident by liaising with local authorities/senior management/RC Movement actors, and providing immediate care.
- Advise ERCS senior management as well as Movement partners on the back of a contextual analysis where particular vulnerabilities and risks lie, and how to mitigate them.
- Attend National Security meetings for International Organizations as well as IFRC and ICRC and provide weekly updates
- Ensure that appropriate preparation has been made when PNS move in the field, including that field missions are requested on time and approved on the acknowledgement of security risk, and are monitored when in progression
Terms of employment: One year contract
- University degree in appropriate field (security management, international relations, political would be advantageous), security and military science & 3-4 years of previous experience in similar position.
- Military or police training/service is desirable
Technical skills required:
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills ; able to see the wider picture
- Compassionate and approachable
- Good organizational skills;
- Proven integrity and good human relation;
- Good team player; able to listen and take into account other people’s views
- Keen observation abilities and alertness;
- Ability to work under highly pressurized situations;
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to
[email protected] before the closing date of this announcement on May 25, 2020.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.