Project Coordinator (Conflict & Pandemic Preparedness and Response Capacity in Ethiopia) at Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) Job Vacancy in Ethiopia
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.Specific duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the proper implementation of the project according to approved project descriptions and budgets.
- Ensure proper stakeholders management, provision of quality trainings and finalisation of key ERCS documents related to preparedness and response capacities of ERCS HQ and 3 Regional branches (Amhara, Oromia and SNNP).
- Responsible for facilitating baseline and end line studies as per the requirement of ECHO and ERCS.
- Responsible for submitting timely and high quality narrative and financial reports (monthly progress, interim and final) according to the donor(s) requirements and formats.
- Check all Financial documents and procurement documents in coordination with the finance officer, update procurement plans, and give guidance on fix asset management in line with HIP ECHO requirements and ERCS guidelines
- The project coordinator seeks support and feedback from NLRC and other partners for (final) reporting, baseline surveys, programme reviews and evaluation etc.
- Closely work with the project delegate of NLRC to ensure quality and timely implementation.
- Ensure that all documents of the projects are collected and filed correctly, this for the purpose of audits.
- Facilitate the detailed quarterly planning of the project activities in close collaboration with ERCS OD, DPR department, the NLRC Ethiopia country office, and other partners.
- Support the COVID-19 response efforts of ERCS along the planned activities in the project.
- Review and jointly assess the capacity gap of the branches and ERCS HQ in terms of their ability to prepare and respond to conflict and pandemic and ensure that the planned capacity building activities contribute to address these gaps and needs. This includes but not limited to technical skills, policies, strategies and guidelines, contingency and response planning, coordination and communication, security and safety in collaboration with Movement (ICRC, IFRC, PNSs) and non-Movement partners.
- Identify training and facilitate the enhancement of the capacity of the headquarters , regional and branch staff through selective trainings (PER, BDRTs, Communication, etc )
- Carryout regular (if possible, monthly) field visits to monitor and review the implementation of the project activities together with NLRC team and provide feedback.
- Act as a technical focal point for the ERCS NLRC DPR projects where required.
- Appraise the quarterly plans of the 3 implementing branches (Amhara, Oromia and SNNP) whether in line with the objectives and the overall project description and budget.
- Network and maintain effective working relationships with the representatives of the Red Cross Movement (Federation, Participating National Societies), and National Societies
- Responsible to coordinate and support the project team.
- Follow-up decisions and correspondence in relation to the projects as delegated by the Head of DPR, and head of VMBA and DRR for each respective activity plan.
Terms of employment: One year contract
- At least first degree in Disaster Preparedness and Response, disaster management, disaster risk management, rural development and relevant fields
- Experience (a least five years) in Emergency Response and Capacity building, in project management and organizational development.
- Proven knowledge and experience on RDRT (IFRC) is an added value.
- Proven experience and skills in ECHO funded project management and reporting in English
- Experience in participatory planning and review techniques; baseline survey and evaluation
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills is an advantage;
- Practical knowledge of computer skills;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with a minimum supervision and meeting deadlines without compromising qualities
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Willing to abide by and respect Red Cross/Red Crescent Principles and Values
- Understanding of and commitment to ERCS mission, values, strategies and programming approaches.
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to
[email protected] before the closing date of this announcement on May 25, 2020.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.
Project Coordinator (Conflict & Pandemic Preparedness and Response Capacity in Ethiopia) at Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) Job Vacancy in Ethiopia7