Internal Auditor (Hotel) at Bole Ambassador Hotel Job Vacancy in Ethiopia
Job Description Summary
The Internal Auditor primary responsibility is preparing and executing risk-based internal audit programs to assess, report upon, and make suggestions for improving the hotel’s key operational and finance activities and internal controls.
Additionally, the position is responsible for identifying and assisting in documenting existing internal finance and disclosure controls, implementing and documenting new internal controls, and establishing an internal monitoring function to audit the company’s compliance with such internal controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and update a comprehensive risk-based audit plan for evaluating the effectiveness of controls in place to manage significant risk exposures, ensure the integrity and reliability of information and financial reporting to safeguard company assets, and comply with laws and regulations.
- Establish annually a risk based internal audit plan and schedule, regularly perform on-site internal audits of hotels in accordance with the schedule and prepare professionally written internal audit reports of findings.
- Identify, understand, and document processes and procedures surrounding hotel internal controls. Continually monitor and update the assessment of the control environment, keeping abreast of significant control issues, trends and developments.
- Collaborate with hotel management on remediation plans to address issues identified in the internal audit reports. Monitor progress of remediation to ensure timely compliance with hotel internal control procedures.
- Coordinate with hotel external auditors regarding test plans and coordinate the performance of testing of internal controls as part of annual external audits.
- Identify and assess the implementation of new controls as necessary.
- Monitor and audit the company's compliance with established internal controls.
- Report internal audit findings to senior management.
- Review finance department business processes and suggest ways to improve such processes.
- Provide task force support for hotels requiring assistance, as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the hotel operation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or work equivalent with a strong record of success in a work environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of hotel accounting experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hotel accounting practices, procedures and principles, sufficient to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply them in innovative ways. Skills and knowledge should include an extensive understanding of financial, operational, and associated internal controls.
- Experience in a hospitality internal audit function is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate objectivity and independence in the execution of responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to prepare professionally written internal audit reports.
- Must be Hotel software and PC proficient. Strong MS Excel skills required for role.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Must thrive in a teamwork setting and have excellent organizational skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic.
How to Apply
Interestedapplicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of Degree and other relevant testimonies to Bole Ambassador Hotel in front of millennium hall, Human Resource office during office hours from February 26, 2020 - March 11, 2020. On the other option you can send an email to the hotel at