Financial Controller at 54 Capital Job Vacancy in Ethiopia
The Financial Controller is responsible and accountable for the financial operations of the company, including strategy, development and monitoring of control systems, protection of company assets and reporting of financial results.
The Financial Controllers scope includes Controlling, Accounting, Treasury, IT, Tax, Audit and Projects. He/She is working closely with shared functions, Group CFO and is supporting the CEO as a Business Partner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Daily/weekly/monthly reporting
o Income statement and key line movements
o Working capital
o Creditors, Debtors, cash
o High level Performance gaps: Category, brand, customer, cost
o Investor measures ROE, ROI, share price movements
o Business transactions update in ERP and reconciliation on daily basis.
· Financial health
o Internal disciplines & policies are clearly defined
o Compliance to agreed SOPs
o Maintaining an efficient Capital Structure
o Control, reporting and adherence to Loan Covenants
· Governance standards
o Adherence to all internal reporting timelines - Quarterly control self-assessment - Clear communication of all related group requirements/standards - Delegation of authority defined and approved
· Strategic planning
o Annual strategy and business planning - Lead annual budget preparation requirements
· Internal/External Stakeholder Management
o Development of transaction Shared services (Payable /receivables) - Adherence to shareholder reporting requirement
· Tax and treasury
o Adherence to all statutory/GoE requirements
o Effective cash management /utilisation
o Group forex requirement
· Information Technology
o Support in ERP implementation & maintenance
o System access and clear levels of authority
o Software licensing
o Access & usage policies define
o Managing half yearly interim and final annual external audit
o Coordinate Due Diligence
Any other responsibilities as assigned by the management.
o High work ethic
o Detail orientation and analytical
o High performing team and team developer
o Inclusive culture
o Dynamic individual with high energy levels working under pressure
o Multi-cultural sensitivity
- The candidate should ideally be a qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent, or alternatively have a master’s degree in accounting or be a Certified Public Accountant or ACCA. An MBA qualification would be an added advantage
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate competence all in all of the required functional & technical skills set.
- Candidate should ideally have an FMCG/Retail/manufacturing background and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in the finance function with a major company or division of a medium size corporation of which 5+ years should be on head of department level.
- Relevant work experience would include significant exposure to emerging/developing markets
- Should have relevant experience in partnering with an executive level team and demonstrate a high level of written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above required qualifications are invited to send their CV through [email protected]
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Application deadline: May 25, 2020