Financial Accountant – Bale field office at Save The Children
The purpose of the Finance Accountant is to maintain proper records in compliance with financial policies and procedures of Save the Children International. The position holder prepares accurate and timely financial summaries and reports and control bank account balances and cash holding to optimal balance. S/he is responsible to review the accounting records, transactions, Employee Benefit Package, & Government taxation
Job specific roles and responsibilities
- Reviews, verifies and ensures that financial documents are in accordance with Save the Children International financial policies and procedures for payment.
- Prepare the necessary accounting/adjustment journal entries when required;
- Provide necessary inputs for cash forecast consolidation and budge planning to be reviewed and consolidated by Senior Finance Coordinator for CO submission.
- Ensure that all taxes collected from Filed Offices staff, and vendors are summarized & paid to the tax authority monthly; within the time frame set by the authority.
- Reconcile payroll register manual versus Agresso record every month.
- Make sure all collections deposited into bank and all deposits booked into system are cleared before the month close.
- Ensure Program and Staff advances are regularly monitored and maintained at minimum level.
- Make GLACOSE upload after detailed review of financial documents.
- Prepare adjusting entries for reclassification of transaction from one SOF to another or correction of wrong account lines and DEAs.
- Ensure Complete Financial documents are submitted to Addis Ababa Archive on or before 15th of the following month after Hard Close.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and SCI Filed Offices accountable to deliver on their responsibilities –giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for his/her self, takes responsibility for his or her own development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES,
- BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent proven knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity in using Accounting Software’s: Agresso system is preferable.
- Experience in staff management is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong accounting and analytical skill
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexibility in working long hours and ability to work with incoming surge teams;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Teams, in the event of emergencies
SC Values are: Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. To meet the value system, the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases.
- Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards
- Promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation.
- Engaging ( align with Collaboration, Creativity)
- Networking: Builds and use sustainable relationship to support the work of save the children
- Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
How to Apply
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.