Emergency Finance Assistant at Plan International Ethiopia
- Ensure minimum cash balance is available for the normal functioning of the office at Program area level.
- Avail all cash request of the PA and pay without any significant delay to the intended purpose as per the Program officers & Program coordinators request.
- Check all financial documents are reviewed and approved before payments are effected.
- Replenish all documents on time so that the organization record shows up to date balance.
- Deposit all collected cash within a week to the organization account.
- Follow and pay all PA’s cash commitment are paid on time e.g. telephone, electric, & water bills.
- Keep records of all amount paid, received and reconcile cash balance with records every working day.
- Report all cash shortage/ overage and all unpaid vouchers of more than reasonable time.
- Support the Program Area Finance Officer in paying tax issues to the relevant tax authority.
- Conduct monthly summery of pension, Income tax and withholding tax and submitted to the finance officer to facilitate the payment
- Prepare check payment to suppliers and staffs on time.
- Keep filling systems in which documents could be readily available, easily traced and ensure that all documents fulfil the appropriate source document.
- Support other staffs on finance related issue
- Support the Program Area Finance Officer in Audit Facilitation.
- Others as need arise and instructed by immediate supervisor.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma in Accounting/Business management with at least two years of relevant experience.
- Basic computer skill to process various document settlements like Excel.
- Ample knowledge of currency denominations and counting.Skills Specific to the Post:
- Safety issues in cash management.
- Best way of handling transaction.
- Bookkeeping and interpersonal skill.
Competencies and values:
- Multicultural who respect and treat various peoples coming for her/his service.
- Polite and courtesy and consider his/herself as a team member.
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in February 20.2020. Qulified candidates should submit the application form found with this link http://ethiojobs.net/docs/Plan_Int_Application_Form.docx through www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:/plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.