Driver (3 positions) at Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief(CPAR)
Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief (CPAR) has been working in Ethiopia since 1984. Its initial intervention was predominantly focused on famine relief through the provision of emergency health service assistance to people affected by famine. CPAR’s major humanitarian and emergency interventions were a supply of skilled personnel, medical supplies and materials for emergency, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and health services.
CPAR, in response to the “Partnerships for Her Voice, Her Choice” call for proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), has developed a 4 years’ project proposal entitled “Enhancing Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights for Women and Adolescents” (ESWA). The project aims to improve women and adolescent girls reproductive, sexual health and rights by increasing awareness of and access to high quality gender-responsive and youth-friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in selected zones in the Amhara and Oromia Regional States. This project proposal has been selected and funded primarily by GAC. CPAR will implement the project in collaboration with various universities and local partners. For this project, CPAR is seeking qualified candidates for different positions and locations.
The Field Accountant is responsible for the receipt and preparation of documents and disbursement of cash, production of reports, and handling of project property resources in the CPAR-Ethiopia Project office.
- Operates light vehicles such as small passenger vehicles, automobiles, small pick-up trucks, station wagons, and other 4 WD vehicles.
- Inspect and perform minor servicing and repair of equipment or light diesel/benzene operated vehicles.
- Responsible for safe transporting of employees and materials.
- Checks vehicle prior to driving determining that it is in proper operating condition.
- Makes periodic reports on mileage and fuel consumption;
- Upon prior authorization by the immediate supervisor, handles minor maintenances.
- Inspects received goods for damage, function and visible signs of abuse and initiate insurance claims as necessary.
- Conducts correspondences with local vendors regarding bids, delivery and delay.
- Facilitate travel documents, and procurement of office materials and related activities.
- Performs related work as required.
- At least 12th grade complete with 3rd grade driving license or equivalent
- Six years of driving experience on 4-WD vehicles.
- NGO experience and Knowledge of maintenance, NGO working experiences, Knowledge of local language(s) and familiarity with the project places are advantageous.
- Excellent communicator orally and in writing.
- Fluency in Amharic and local language
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV via post office or hand deliver it to the CPAR Addis Ababa Office before the deadline date. Women are highly encouraged.
Note: The application letter should include salary expectation and when you will be available, in case selected.
Only those who are short listed will be contacted.
Address: Bole Subcity, Wereda 13, Kebele 10,
Just at the back of Roba bakery, Gerji,
PO box: 46282 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Driver (3 pos
itions) at Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief(CPAR)