Building and Rental Administrator at Ethiopian Economics Association (EEA) Job Vacancy in Ethiopia
The Ethiopian Economics Association (EEA) is a professional association established in 1992 under Ethiopia’s Civil Society Law to offer the Association’s members a platform for networking and informing them of emerging national development discourse, and produce evidence-based research and policy analysis on Ethiopian economy. The Association is governed by the General Assembly, the Executive Committee and the Secretariat. The Secretariat is led by head of the secretariat and Chief Executive Officer who oversees the day-to-day functions of the Association including the Research and Analysis Team (or Ethiopian Economic Policy Research Institute (EEPRI) Team), Partnerships and Communications Team, and Secretariat Support and Business Development Team.
Job Summary:The Administrator is responsible for the management of EEA Multi-purpose Building, including rental of space available to customers, renewal of contracts, manage repair and maintenance of the building, ensure water and electricity supplies, generator, timely payment of utilities, supervise service providers (cleaning and security guards). The administrator plans and executes cost efficient mechanisms to generate revenue for the Association. He/she is responsible for developing business plans for the proper use of the building and ensure proper accounting of costs in accordance with Ethiopian business and trade laws.
Reporting line: the incumbent will report to the Secretariat Support and Business Development Services Team Leader
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Building and Rental Administrator will:
- Market thespaces available for rental including the auditorium facilities;
- Develop business plan and implement same when approved.
- Prepare rental contracts, manage renewals on a timely basis;
- Ensure timely and responsive maintenance of the building and utilities;
- Guarantee timely processing of utilities payment;
- Manage proper utilization including introduction of parking fees as may be necessary;
- Apportion utilities (water and electricity) charges as well common services such as security guard and cleaning services to the clients using appropriate model.
- Manage clients’relations and expectations;
- Ensure the safety and clearness of the building.
- Compute cost of utilities, services,building maintenance costs, and building depreciation in accordance to business practices and tax laws.
- Perform other related activities that can strengthen sustainability.
Education and Experience: BA degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent in relevant fields. At least 6 year experience and proven record in contract management, repair and maintenance and service delivery.
Language: proficiency in written and spoken English, Amharic
Skills: Basic computer and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can summit non-returnable copies of educational and other supporting documents along with their CVs to ethiojobs.net
P.O. Box 34282, Addis Ababa
Or in person to EEA Head office which is located to Yeka Sub City, Woreda 11, CMC Road, (‘ALTAD’ area), adjacent to St. Michael Church