ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE
Among the world’s top 1% of universities. At Adelaide, cutting-edge innovation takes place amidst a rich history of excellence spanning more than 140 years. Bright young minds learn alongside internationally recognized leaders in their fields. Global research impact is achieved hand-in-hand with outstanding graduate career outcomes.
The 2019 University of Adelaide Higher Education Scholarship (International) rewards undergraduate and postgraduate international students who have demonstrated their passion for learning and loyalty to Australian education by successfully completing an AQF-recognised course or program at an Australian higher education institution prior to commencing their degree at the University of Adelaide.
The scholarship offers a 25% tuition fee reduction for the minimum standard full-time duration of the scholar’s chosen undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
This program have the following conditions:
- Available for commencing international undergraduate students only;
- Open to citizens of any country(including Ethiopia) (except Australia and New Zealand)
- Provides a waiver of 25% of the annual tuition fee for each year of the program for the full duration of the program, up to a maximum of four years;
- Available for study in any discipline except Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Oral Health and Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience)
- Open to eligible applicants completing Foundation Studies or secondary studies overseas or in Australia, or those transferring into the later years of an undergraduate degree with advanced standing
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Either be an alumni (graduate) of an AQF-recognized Australian Higher Education institution or (b) have recently successfully completed an AQF-recognized Higher Education institution prior to commencing your degree at the University of Adelaide;
- Complete the acceptance process as outlined in your offer of admission.
- Have a University of Adelaide offer of admission (full offer or conditional offer) as a full-fee-paying international student;
The following applicants are not eligible to receive these scholarships:
- Current University of Adelaide students who are transferring from one program to another prior to successful completion of their program of study (internal transfers);
- Students who are recipients of a scholarship covering tuition fees awarded by a recognised scholarship awarding body such as a government ministry or department;
- Applicants for Masters by Research or PhD programs.
How to apply for the scholarship
Applicants may apply online for a scholarship at any time
Applicants must have received an offer of admission from the University before lodging their scholarship application (applicants with a conditional offer may apply, but will need to accept and meet the conditions of their offer before a scholarship can be confirmed)
Scholarship selection is based on academic merit (in certain cases country of citizenship and program of study may also be taken into consideration when awarding scholarships)
Applications will be considered and scholarships offered on a rolling basis until all scholarships have been awarded
Successful applicants will be notified within 4 to 6 weeks of lodging the scholarship application; unsuccessful applicants will NOT be contacted.
Scholarship closing dates
For students commencing in Semester 1 (February) – Application deadline is 20 January
For students commencing in Semester 2 (July)
– Application deadline is 23 June
Applicants are encouraged to finalize their admissions process as early as possible to allow enough time for them to apply for a visa and prepare for their studies.
For more information and application details, see;